Dear Brad Velander,

This is an interesting idea.

I don't think it will work directly, because in Protel a net has only one name.
Protel gives me an error when I try to put 2 different netlabels on the same
wire.

But others have suggested a "virtual short" schematic component that can be used
to connect 2 different nets together. Would that work here ? (It's a tiny little
box with 2 short pins that *look* like they short together on the schematic
printouts, but ERC thinks they don't, so everyone is happy). (It has a "virtual
short" footprint that actually does short together when the PCB is manufactured,
but DRC thinks it doesn't, so everyone is happy).

Say I have, say, SCK and SDA and I want to run it out one port (using SCK =
Ser1, SDA=Ser2) onto another schematic sheet. Do I get any warning if I
accidentally swap them (SCK=Ser0, SDA=Ser1) ?

Brad Velander <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 2001-04-05 10:39:41 AM