Hi Joop,

I was referring to the schematic but I note that I wasn't specific in my
message text.
I understand the problem better now and know how to minimise the effects.

I'm not looking for the text to be mirrored but I would like it to stay
close to the component.

I have found that by using the library editor to reposition the component
parts, centring them on the origin, now when the part is placed on a
schematic and mirrored, the text stays in the same position relative to the
part.
(What would be really neat would be to be able to set the position and
content of the text in the library editor, reducing the need to re-position
the text when the part is placed)

What was happening before, when the part was located in the top right
quadrant relative to it's origin, when mirrored it would move to the top
left hand quadrant, relative to  the parts origin, but the text remained in
the top right hand quadrant.

Thanks for the top tip.

TC