At 09:29 PM 4/5/2001 -0700, Abdulrahman Lomax wrote:

>I'm fairly new with the synchronizer; I thought I remembered a place where
>you can set the target PCB, but I could not find it. I think it is only
>set once; if it has been set previously, it remains at that setting and
>the only way, apparently, to change it is to get the current PCB out of
>the way. As I recall, if there is more than one possible PCB, one will be
>prompted to choose which one is intended.

Not its usual behavior.
You are presented with the PCB target selection box each and every time,
even when there is only one possible target in that folder.  Interesting
that it did not present itself to you.  Did you do the Create New Board first?
After the Create New Board cycle, any subsequent Update PCB acts as though
you selected the new board and hit apply.

Anyone else able to reproduce this?  I was just wondering if it was
specific to my installation or if it's a global bug.

-Frank

At 09:29 PM 4/5/2001 -0700, Abdulrahman Lomax wrote:
>At 10:51 AM 4/5/01 -0500, Frank Gilley wrote:
>
>>I'm happily editing along in my SCH when I suddenly feel the urge to
>>Design|Update PCB.  I'm presented with the usual dialogue box, except I
>>accidentally pick Create New Board instead of Apply.  K, Protel creates a
>>blank PCB workspace using the same filename as my already open intended
>>target board.  This raises an eyebrow, but no cause for alarm yet.  The
>>Update Design box is staring at me, so I simply Cancel out and close the
>>blank PCB.  Try again with Design|Update PCB; except now there is no box
>>to choose a target board.  It flashes by in the blink of an eye, leaving
>>me with the same blank PCB (reopened) and the Update Design box.  After
>>chasing my tail a few times, there would seem to be no way to update my
>>design...?  Hmmm.
>>To resolve the problem, you must delete the newly created blank PCB.
>
>I'm not sure I know everything that is going on, but by creating a new
>board, schematic accepted the new board as the target PCB. Closing it did
>not change that. When the blank file was deleted, Schematic would then
>look for a different PCB to update, and presumably would find it.
>
>I'm fairly new with the synchronizer; I thought I remembered a place where
>you can set the target PCB, but I could not find it. I think it is only
>set once; if it has been set previously, it remains at that setting and
>the only way, apparently, to change it is to get the current PCB out of
>the way. As I recall, if there is more than one possible PCB, one will be
>prompted to choose which one is intended.
>
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Abdulrahman Lomax
>P.O. Box 690
>El Verano, CA 95433