At 02:39 PM 4/4/01 +0100, Coleman, Tim wrote:
>Hi Folks,
>
>When using the library editor to modifying the footprint field in the
>component description and then 'updating schematic' the function doesn't
>modify any of the relevant parts in the schematic.
>
>All the schematic sheets are 'open'.
>
>What I do notice is in the schematic diagram, the dropdown option in
>footfrint field of the component propertise does have the corrected
>footprint reference and so by selecting each incidence of the part the
>correct footprint reference can be selected. What a pain!!! it will takes
>ages, I though this was a labour saving tool???

I'm a bit confused. If the dropdown option in the footprint field does have
the corrected reference, then why do you say that the function does not
modify any of the relevant parts.

I can think of only one reason: you have the footprint field enabled for
display. So could it be that all that is happening here is that the screen
is not redrawing on updates that only update a footprint reference. I
haven't checked to verify this.

>Anyone know any way of sorting this change to work through the schematic
>automatically?

All I know is that I routinely update parts on schematics by editing the
footprint field in the library editor and it works fine. There can be some
problems with Protel referring to the cache instead of to the library (when
you edit a library, the loaded library does not necessarily follow it, one
must do something to cause a refresh, like switching to another library and
then back. But if the update is done from the library end, this should not
be the problem.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690