On 02:59 PM 4/4/01 -0400, Brian Guralnick said:
>I had a small attachment to the previous letter which didn't come back to me
>in my echoed letter.
>Does this forum now kill attachments?

Nope. Didn't receive it here or at home.

Perhaps Abd ul-Rahman's and my complaints finally paid off...!

Sorry Brian, ...No offense intended, but I'd rather not have someone else
sticking their files in my hard-drive without my express permission, each
and every single time they intend to do so, regardless of how small the
file is.

On the general subject (though somewhat OT), it might be useful if such
attachments were auto-relocated to a user-file depository, like the Yahoo
Protel User's Assoc. groups file area, though perhaps to a specific
subdirectory off of the main called (PEDA-DUMP) por something. It would be
a very simple filter to execute, on the order of difficulty of a basic
Eudora email filter, though I expect it's actualization  would also require
the PEDA admin to be a member of the Assoc. forum...

now, that'd be a hoot...<g>

Hmm...I guess I can also see the dark side of that idea, if it were to
become no longer a matter of personal restraint to avoid sending
attachments...One need only be reminded of that relative of
yours/mine/theirs/etc who just got "hooked up", and now loves to send
5-10Meg post cards to all of their closest 50 friends and relatives, (and
whoever else they can place in that neato Address book thingy), tagging
each with a warm, personal greeting that goes something like... "How fun
this Internet thingy is!, cousin/nephew, son, etc." to recognize the
potential problem from our perspectives. "Hey, what's a measly 10M ddb,
after all, I have a DSl connection...Hey,what's a 100M ddb, after all, I
have a t1...what's a measily 500M ddb........."

And no, I'm not comparing whatever "small file" you sent to what's
suggested in the the banter above, I'm just rephrasing that old "give-'em
an inch" phrase...

aj

2.2   S E C O N D   D R O P   T O W E R
Andrew J Jenkins        Electrical Engineer
National Center for Microgravity Research
NASA-Glenn Research Center MS 45-1
21000 Brookpark Rd, Cleveland OH 44135
(216) 433-5001 fax:433-3793

* To join or leave this list visit: