Robison Michael R CNIN wrote:

> hello,
>
> i changed some things around on a multipage schematic for a
> previously built board, and now for some reason or other after i
> updated the pcb, i have red crosshatched squares on my pcb
> file that correspond to the pages of the schematic.

Those are the idiotic "rooms" that are supposed to be an aid to parts
placement.

> i've tried refreshing the window and shutting it down and restarting
> it but they persist.  i believe that i've inadvertently selected some
> option to do this but i don't know what it was and i'd like to get it
> off my pcb view.
>
> could someone please tell me what i've done and how to undo
> it?

In Schematic, do "Update PCB", and be _sure_ to uncheck "Generate
component classes for schematic sheets" at the bottom of the form.

Also, in PCB, go to Design Rules/Placement and remove any entries under
"Room Definition".

--
Peter Bennett
TRIUMF