At 04:11 PM 4/6/01 +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Solder masks are treated like power planes in Protel. The same applies to
>paste masks. Anything you place on these "layers" shows up negativ on the
>board. Place a fill on a paste mask, and this area will not be covered by
>paste on the finished PCB. You can define rules for paste mask and solder
>mask covering of pads (and pad groups).

Mr. Auge is right. I was about to make the same comment, then noticed that
I had overlooked his response.

If you don't want solder paste on a "pad" that is not really a component
pad, it may be better to not use a pad at all, and I would think this the
case with solder thieving objects. But they will also need to be matched by
the same pattern on a solder mask layer. Soldermask clearance may not be
necessary, I'm not sure how a matched structure would behave as a thief,
however. If one wants to make the copper pad and the mask blowout travel
together, they could be made into a footprint and replicated as necessary.
If the thieving is part of a footprint already, it will not be a problem to
keep the copper and mask opening together, and they can be made exactly the
sizes that one desires.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690