At 02:59 PM 4/6/2001 -0700, Dwight well documented some rather obscure
Protel behavior with:
>Not a bug -- It relates to what folders the PCBs are in, in relation to
>the schematic...
>
>1) If there's only one PCB in the same folder as the current schematic,
>there's no board prompt at all. (My usual arrangement -- so
>I was surprised that some indicated they always got the prompt.)
>
>2) If there's more than one in the same folder, you get prompted, BUT
>there's no "create new document" button! (This threw me for a
>bit, I don't normally see this button & it took me a while to figure out
>how to get it to appear.)

Yes, check

>3) If there's more than one PCB in the DDB, but none in the same folder as
>the schematic, you get the prompt dialog, including the
>"new document" button.

It would appear that #3 applies whenever you have any PCB's in the DDB in a
different folder.  You don't have to have more than one.  I only had one
board in that DDB.

>Frank had case (3), and the new board got created in the same folder,
>which then put him into case (1), where there's no prompt.

DOH!
:)

Thank you Dwight for that very enlightening explanation.  Yes, I think the
FAQ could use this sort of if-this-then-that-happens behavior
documentation.  I apologize to Mr. Lomax for my earlier (incorrect)
proclamation.

Frank

Frank Gilley
Dell-Star Technologies