Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:

> At 09:07 AM 4/6/01 -0700, Peter Bennett wrote:
>
> >Those are the idiotic "rooms" that are supposed to be an aid to parts
> >placement.
>
> As I recall, we are the "idiots" who asked for this feature. Just because
> one does not need the feature in one's own work doesn't mean that it is
> useless.

Yes, I suppose the rooms may be useful at times (in fact, I'm doing a
board now where they may be useful), but I don't think they should be
generated by default - particularly since the room layer in PCB seems to
be off by default.

The rooms seem to be placed so they march off to the top right, each one
offset from the previous by half their width and height - this makes my
board appear much larger than it really is, and I have wasted several
hours trying to find the "hidden feature" that causes my board to squish
down to the bottom left of the screen when I do "zoom all".

The first time I saw these things, I recall that I couldn't move or size
them as I wanted - it was very hard to grab the "handles" to move them -
so I couldn't really use them as intended.

I'll try them again, and see if they work any better in SP6 than where I
first saw them...

--
Peter Bennett
TRIUMF