> >     I believe that this was answered a while ago by Colby (ex-Protel
> > Tech support). His comment was that Protel had removed the ability to
remove
> > the floating licenses check sometime recently in one of the service
packs (5
> > or 6?). If my memory has failed me then someone will step in and correct
it.

This is a bit different.  I was talking about the checkboxes that were there
for a short time to Broadcast and Receive the license information...  that
was removed with a service pack.

> If so, that's at least annoying to me. Startup is slow enough as it is - I
> don't need the added aggravation of waiting thru something that "big
brother"
> decided I needed to have on, especially while I've got an anxious customer
> waiting on the phone for me to get a design up in front of me and ready to
> discuss. Protel, please consider this as one strident vote for restoring
the
> ability to turn off the search for floating licenses.

Just to float a guess here...  it will only look for floating licenses when
the license installed to the local machine has already been picked up by
another workstation, or it just is not there.  I haven't really played
around with this too much... but this would be my guess.

To get it to stop I would try going into the security section of Protel 99
SE(Arrow in upper left-->Security) and make sure your access code is listed
for each server, and that access has been granted for each server for X
Users.

If you find a server that is missing the code... type it in and make sure
access was granted.

If you have multiple licenses I would suggest manually entering each of them
into the machine that is acting like this.

Basically... I don't think it is normal behavior... so there must be a way
to get it to stop.

Colby Siemer                        ** Custom Battery Chargers
                                           ** Custom Power Supplies
PowerStream Technology       ** Custom UPS
140 S. Mountainway Drive      ** Custom DC/DC Converters
Orem Utah 84058                  ** Power management electronics for OEMs

http://www.PowerStream.com

* To join or leave this list visit: