Actually, I'd expect this to happen in SP5 also.  Anything that opens a .ddb
causes the file date to be updated, as Access updates the "last referenced"
information inside the database.  VERY annoying.  I've set all the Protel
libs to read-only to avoid this.  I always copy parts out of the Protel libs
before changing them, as often recommended on this list.

PCB
> libraries.  In SP5 I would use the file dates as an indicator of whether
they
> had been actually changed so that I could search for parts I have changed
> recently or for backing up only those files.
>
>     I can't imagine why that change would have been made to
> SP6.  Who cares when a library was last browsed?
>
>     I hope this was just an oversight and gets changed back
> to normal in SP7.

* To join or leave this list visit: