Hello all,

David Cary wrote:
> Just a work-around until Protel fixes this bug: Put temporary keep-out
> ``traces'' (a bunch of short, straight lines that approximate the curve)
around
> the edge of the board, and leave them there.
> Click the "KeepOutLayer" tab near the bottom of the screen,
> then " P (Place) T (Interactive Routing) ", click on one end of the curve,
hit
> Ctrl+Spacebar until you get the straight-line mode, then click click click
on a
> few points along the curve; after you hit the end, "Esc Esc". I've been
told
> that early versions of Autocad couldn't draw true circles -- it drew 32
sided
> polygons instead -- but most people never noticed that the "circles"
weren't
> true circles.

Ik think it is also possible to photoplot the arc to a gerber file and use
the option 'Use software arcs'.
This option could be found in the 'advanced tab' of the Gerber setup.
The arc will be replaced by short straight line segments.
The gerber file could be imported back into the pcb.

This is not my own idea, in the past it was mentioned by someone on the
forum.

Let's do it together, the forum is great!

Aalt Lokhorst (e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED])

address:
          Schut Geometrische Meettechniek bv
          Duinkerkenstraat 21
          9723 BN  Groningen, The Netherlands