Yes with 99SE and SP5 I have seen inner layer gerbers with a pad missing.
Luckily this was spotted during error checking of Gerbers by our PCB
manufacturer and the missing pad added at Gerber level.

No matter how hard we tried we could not get the pad to appear. Even trying
different machines and setups, pad missing.

Using SP6 though all pads present. So update to SP6 and try again.

regards
Ian

* To join or leave this list visit: