You're probably right.  I assumed it didn't happen before because I only had
to backup about 4 library files based on the date when I upgraded to SP6.  I was
sure that I would have looked at a lot more than 4 during the SP5 period.
    Anyway,  thanks for the suggestion of always copying parts before changing
them.  That sounds like a better way of handling custom libraries.

Dwight Harm wrote:

> Actually, I'd expect this to happen in SP5 also.  Anything that opens a .ddb
> causes the file date to be updated, as Access updates the "last referenced"
> information inside the database.  VERY annoying.  I've set all the Protel
> libs to read-only to avoid this.  I always copy parts out of the Protel libs
> before changing them, as often recommended on this list.

* To join or leave this list visit: