Sniff it out with a spectrum analyzer. I purchased one last year for pre-FCC
testing and I love it. It's silly to put parts in places where they may or
may not be needed. I can understand the advice having merit when tools
aren't readily available. If you're in low volume that may be fine, but if
you are building moderate to high volume, you should spend some money up
front and buy the tools like I did, or hire a guy like me to sniff out your
board, or take your "proto" to a certification lab and let them tell you
what frequencies/tests your product fails. You can then determine a course
of action from their initial report.

Tony

* To join or leave this list visit: