At 05:34 PM 4/10/01 -0500, David W. Gulley wrote:

The pedant's pet peeve:

>Here, Here!

Hear! Hear! :-)

Our British readers can confirm my suspicion, if it is true, that this
phrase comes from British parliamentary practice where, in the U.S., we
would clap our hands repeatedly as a form of applause.

Thanks.

I had written:
[...]
One selects the direction of motion by picking a segment to
> > be the first new segment of the polygon, which defines the direction of
> > rotation, and then one can continue placing segments until the command is
> > terminated by escape or rt-click.

I should have written: "...by picking a half-segment..." i.e, one picks the
half-segment on one side or the other of the mid-point handle.

This might automatically cause entry of continuous polygon routing. I.e.,
if you pick up the mid-point handle, you simply move that handle and that's
that. But if you pick a point along the half-segment, the midpoint handle
jumps to the cursor and allows routing the polygon from the vertex of the
half-segment opposite the midpoint handle.

In this mode, BACK would delete the *previous* vertex; DEL would delete the
*next* vertex. I think this would be intuitive.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690
El Verano, CA 95433