Nicholas,

About 3 years ago I used Protel to create schematic files that I
successfully implemented in a Xilinx xc4013. You must use only parts from
the Protel Xilinx library (not the same libraries that you use for the
board schematic and pcb), and export as a Xilinx (.xnf) netlist. This file
can be compiled by the Xilinx design manager (part of the foundation
stuff). In principle, this is still possible with current tools, but I
don't recommend it. The protel library is rather old, and will not support
the latest xilinx parts.

I've switched to VHDL for programmable parts, using Xilinx foundation
express. This fully supports the latest stuff, and is easier than drawing
schematics, particularly for large, complex designs.

There is a learning curve, but try it, you'll like it!

Richard,

Cheesecote Mountain CAMAC
24 Halley Drive; Pomona, NY 10970
845 364 0211, www.cmcamac.com