"Peder K. Hellegaard" wrote:

> I encountered the same problem with my QMS 6100 color laserprinter which is
> a postscript printer also. However, this was not related using the Protel
> software but other programs as well. My solution was:
>
> Somewhere in the printerdriver you can chose if you want a CTRL-D sent to
> the printer, before or after printjobs. When I deselect both options the
> problem disappears. As the matter of fact I am not aware of what function
> this CTRL-D has but as long I don't get any errors I really don't care

A Ctrl/D sent after a job delimits the end of job, so no characters following
will be looked at until the current job is totally completed.  This prevents
a following job, or garbage send out the printer port from interfering with
a correct print job.  A Ctrl/D sent before a job prevents any garbage that
preceded it from causing the job to go bad.  I have never had any problem
sending a Ctrl/D after a job.  I don't send one before.

Jon

* To join or leave this list visit: