I encountered the same problem with my QMS 6100 color laserprinter which is
a postscript printer also. However, this was not related using the Protel
software but other programs as well. My solution was:

Somewhere in the printerdriver you can chose if you want a CTRL-D sent to
the printer, before or after printjobs. When I deselect both options the
problem disappears. As the matter of fact I am not aware of what function
this CTRL-D has but as long I don't get any errors I really don't care

Kindest regards from

Peder Hellegaard

Mediatronic
Kisumvej 9, Ronbjerg
7800 Skive
Denmark

Tel: +45 9616 6192
Fax: +45 9616 6120
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Web: www.mediatronic.dk <http://www.mediatronic.dk/>