> I am using Protel99SE SP6.
> I have a request from a board manufacture to generate a Netlist for them
> use for their test lab for the bare boards. The netlist they are asking
for
> is in the IPC-D-356 format. (IPC-D-356A = Bare Board Electrical Test
> Information in Digital Form)
>
> HOW DO I EXPORT THIS NETLIST IN THIS FORMAT? CAN PROTEL DO IT?
>
> Michael Biggs

Michael,

The following URL provides some information on the IPC-D-356 format (though
this is not necessarily the last word on this):

http://www.aceeng.com/ipc-356.html

It might be possible to create an utility which uses a PCB file, saved in
ASCII format, as an input, and which creates a corresponding output file in
IPC-D-356 format. (A Perl script, for instance.)

Alternatively, perhaps there is some Gerber file viewing utility available
which supports exporting files in IPC-D-356 format. I will let you know if I
find anything further of possible interest to you.

Regards,
Geoff Harland.
E-Mail Disclaimer

* To join or leave this list visit: