Gisbert,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> But, when talking about SPECCTRA,
> did you find an alternative similarly mighty? I would appreciate to find
> one, as we need to upgrade our SPECCTRA license just now and their prices
> are extreme.

No, last time I was looking round for something similar was in the early 2000,
so maybe there's something new on the market now. At this time I toyed with an
evaluation copy of Specctra to eventually upgrade our old Specctra that is only
a basic license (no ADV, DFM, HYB and FST). The main intention was to be able
to autoroute blind/buried and to reduce manual work for fulfilling high speed
and DFM rules. Mainly price and failing in exporting/importing blind/burieds
has let us stay with our old basic Specctra.

Michael,

Thanks for the hint for exporting blind/burieds, maybe I have to do the
evaluation again.

Regards,

Emanuel

* To join or leave this list visit: