At 09:06 AM 5/4/01 +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>But, when talking about SPECCTRA,
>did you find an alternative similarly mighty? I would appreciate to find
>one, as we need to upgrade our SPECCTRA license just now and their prices
>are extreme.

How about Protel a few months from now?

The rumor is that Protel will soon be issuing a service pack with a major
autorouter overhaul. A Protel employee indicated to me that he had used it
and it was comparable to Specctra.

Now, this is *rumor.* My memory might be bad, the employee might be
exaggerating. But I think any Protel licensee who is now considering
Specctra should be aware of the possibility that this rumor is true.

After all, the price is right. If it does come out as a service pack, it's
free to existing licensees. It might explain the coming price rise. An
improved router would definitely be worth $2K more.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690
El Verano, CA 95433