On Fri, 04 May 2001 15:57:07 -0700, Lawrence Regnier wrote:

>This has happened to me before.  It occurred when I deleted one page and
>renamed another (simplifying the design and reducing the number of pages).
>All I had to do was save the project, close it, close Protel. then re-open
>everything.  The troublesome sheet may still not be linked to the hierarchy,
>but by deleting the sheet symbol and then recreating again should work....It
>did for me.
>
>Hope this helps, but it still does not answer the question of WHY?

Because the design manager didn't know what sheets were in the project
after your changes?

In the explorer bar did it show the all the sub-sheets as sub-sheets of the
main project sheet?

You need to right click and select refresh on the containing folder in the
explorer bar - that causes it to re-scan the sheets and re-establish the
hierarchy. I presume this happens automatically when a design database is
loaded.

You would think it would inspect the top sheet on netlist generation but I
suspect it doesn't. I know when you generate (an old style at least) BOM
for a project the BOM gets the name of the active sheet not the top sheet
of the project (annoying).

Cheers, Terry.

* To join or leave this list visit: