On 09:30 AM 29/03/2001 -0700, Eric Albach said:
>     Has anyone noticed that in 99SE SP6 the file dates for libraries are
> updated
>simply by adding them to the browse list?  This happens for schematic and PCB
>libraries.  In SP5 I would use the file dates as an indicator of whether they
>had been actually changed so that I could search for parts I have changed
>recently or for backing up only those files.
>
>     I can't imagine why that change would have been made to SP6.  Who
> cares when
>a library was last browsed?
>
>     I hope this was just an oversight and gets changed back to normal in SP7.

Are you sure it didn't happen prior to SP6 - I thought this was one of the
big problems with the DDB format in that simply opening a DDB (which
happens when you add, to the browse list, libraries contained in a DDB)
caused the DDB date to change.  Doesn't change the date of the internal
library documents contained in the DDB, just the DDB itself.

I thought this artefact of the MS-Access Jet DB engine is one reason the
DDB file can be a pain for those using CVS and similar systems for managing
sch/pcb/libs.

Ian Wilson

* To join or leave this list visit: