Abdulrahman, you wrote:

><..snip..> If the program does *not* function as a server and contains no
>code that would allow it to do so (i.e., it has been reviewed to ensure
>that it is not a trojan horse -- even a reputable company could supply
>such without knowing it), and it only sends human-readable data which is
>routinely reviewed by the designer before transmission, it could actually
>be valuable.

We need to be careful with terminology here, I may have added a term in a
add-on/plugin/whatever that can be installed into the Protel system.  EDA
Client is a client of these various serves that simply knows how to display
stuff (that it is provided by the various servers).  So the AutoRFQ server
is a Protel server but *not* necessarily a server in the sense that some
are using the term - that is something that can serve data over a network
to a remote client.  I mentioned that AutoRFQ is a server meaning that it
installs into the Protel EDA Client environment just like PCB, Sch, the
Hole size editor, custom 'servers' released by myself and others etc
etc.  I have no knowledge of whether or not the AutoRFQ acts as an
internet-type, security risk-type 'server'.  As a installable Protel server
a user can uninstall it - and the issues goes away. Apart from the wasted
programmers time...

Ian