On 04:07 PM 7/16/2001 -0700, Daniel Webster wrote:

>Has anyone ever tried to modify or add to the help menu ? Is this possible ?
>If anyone knows how to add menu items which link to text documents in the
>help menu structure please let me know.

I don't believe this has been answered yet...

Double click on the menu bar (just below the P99SE title bar). Up will come a dialog
which will allow you to modify the menu...any part of the menu, in fact.

Using the transport window, scroll til you get to " Help On >" and examine one or more
of the entries under this heading... You'll need to know "where you're going" to open
the correct help subdocument, but at least it's a start.

One STRONG word of note. the menu is not global. That is...If you want to modify the
menu used within the Schematic editor, then the Schematic editor MUST be open and in
focus when you perform the menu edit. If the PCB help, then PCB must be in
focuas...etc.

With time and experience, you'll probably be able to modify the menu(s) from within a
text editor, using the base help files, but for safety's sake, stick to the above
method for now.
---

aj