i think i have a solution
first i moved the .bmp file to the directory holding the lib DDB
then i edited the image and stripped the path from the file name

sure enough on the next session start up the image was lost and "error
xxx.bmp not found"
no path!, good
then i imported the bmp into the DDB and now, at least for the moment,
it seems to work
if this continues to work I think it will be adequate as it can easily
travel in the DDB

Dennis Saputelli