Just as an idea for someone swifter than me (don't know if it would be less
work than just doing the manual entry in Protel) for dealing with
manufacturer PDF files for high pin count devices:  The latest version of
ScanSoft OmniPage Pro Version 11.0 (used to be Caere) includes the ability
to "scan" PDF files (or selected parts thereof) and save them as MS Word
files or  ASCI text files.  OmniPage specifically recognizes tables and
also bit-map drawings (with a little bit of help on boundaries).  While
just released, I have tried OmniPage on some component PDF files and it
seems to do a pretty good job with the error rate on table recognition
(errors usually flagged) being less than eyeball manual entry.  I haven't
yet tried the next stage of getting these "pin tables" into Protel (just a
bit beyond my skills at this time).

Cheery Bye from Duane (by your standards a Protel toy-user)

PS:  I don't work or own stock with ScanSoft.  Caveat Emptor!!

Quote of the Day:  The experts say that married men live longer than single
men.  The experts don't mention that this is part of the punishment!