Hello all,
    I have been "lurking" for about a month, and I have gained a lot of
valuable information from the various topics. Now for my
question/request: I am now doing a large number of RF and microwave
designs. However, I end up spending a lot of time in AutoCAD creating
microstrip features such as radial stubs and mitered corners. I then
have to import these features in to Protel, which is a tremendous pain
in the rear. I was impressed with some of the scripts I have seen on
this list, such as the spiral inductor script.
    Could something similar be done to generate microstrip corners? How
about radial stubs? The basic formula for the miter is: L = pi(W/4),
where L is the length of the 45degree miter segment, and W is the width
of the microstrip or transmission line. I have no knowledge of Client
Basic or Delphi, or I might give it a go myself. For the radial stub,
the length of the stub is basically 1/2 wavelength of the target
frequency, and the angle of the stub can be arbitrary. The wider the
angle, the more broadband the stub. Disclaimer: I am not a RF engineer,
so I could be mistaken about some of the facts. However, I gleaned the
miter formula and other info from "Electronid Equations Handbook", S.
Erst, 1989.

--
Mark Richards
ON Semiconductor