I'm doing Delphi myself, though not in the Protel context.
Whenever I do a demo for other programmers such as C++ guys or whoever,
they are astonished that I do in 10 minutes what takes them a day.
This is what applies to the viual stuff. Obviously when doing nonvisual, such
as processing multiple linked data structures, it is the same as any other language.
But as even debugging complex stuff requries finally something visual, be it a notepad
or something more specific, Delphi is faster in development.

And yes, Delphi is Pascal. It is less a matter of the language that of what belongs to
it, the IDE, debugger, everything. It doesn't need DLLs or OCX or such, they are crap
anyway. BCB may come close though as apart from the language they are identical.
BCB is not identical to VC++ what the obj files and libs concern.

Rene