the 5 times hitting of the key may be related to the accessibility options
in the control panel.... "stickey keys" is one option in the accessibility
control panel widget

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 3:22 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] The Mysteries of Altium, Jeraldo investigates stay
tuned.

I have seen these problems in the past with various windows apps besides
protel.

The font size thing can happen when resources get low and Win9x unloads
fonts to get more resources. It now tries to give you a font close.

The menu key stuff I have seen when the ALT or CTRL key gets stuck on. From
what I can tell windows misses the keyup and thinks the key is still
pressed. When I get things like this I hit the alt and ctrl keys about 5
times each and everything goes back to normal. I have seen this on Win9x
and Win2k, and I suspect a driver issue is at fault.

Rob