Brad Velander wrote:

> Carl,
>         a word of warning. Read the CE requirements for labeling
> requirements quite carefully, I don't remember the exact details but your
> desired size appears to be well below their minimum size requirements if
> this is the only CE mark to be applied to your product.

Right, the CE requirement is that all electrical components must bear the
CE mark at the full accepted size (I think it is around 5 cm?).  This includes
EVERY component, including 0402 resistors!  There are no exceptions
permitted, and any unit bearing even one such unlabeled or improperly
labeled component can be seized and destroyed by customs agents.
Supposedly, there are even criminal penalties in Germany, maybe other places,
too, for such violations!

Very practical regulations!

Jon  (happy to live in the US)