This is, like, soooo far off topic....

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2001 6:21 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Public open-source PCB software. was-> Changes to
the Protel company name

I thought Delphi was Pascal Prettified.

You mean Delphi isn't Pascal? What is different and why is it so much
better than C++?

I've programmed in C, Assemblers, Basic, Visual Basic, Pascal and C++, and
I would take C++ over the others for a large program in a heartbeat. C and
assembler are good for embedded code on a microcontroller, and VB is great
for doing prototypes or test programs. The only thing I found Pascal good
for was what it was originally developed for, Teaching Programming. I did
watch a friend try to get Borlands C++ Builder to work properly with an OCX
he had worked on developing. It was so buggy when it came to importing DLLs
that he and the customer both regretted their decision to use C++ builder
instead of Visual C++.

Rob

"Rene Tschaggelar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 08/07/2001 05:50:28 PM