Jon Elson wrote:

>Right, the CE requirement is that all electrical components must bear the
>CE mark at the full accepted size (I think it is around 5 cm?).  This
includes
>EVERY component, including 0402 resistors!  There are no exceptions
>permitted, and any unit bearing even one such unlabeled or improperly
>labeled component can be seized and destroyed by customs agents.
>Supposedly, there are even criminal penalties in Germany, maybe other
places,
>too, for such violations!
>
>Very practical regulations!
>
>Jon  (happy to live in the US)

Funny, on most of my equipment the CE mark (which indeed is obligatory in
the EU, not only in Germany) is just printed on a label fixed to the box or
packaging. Size depends on size of the label. Only the form is to be
genuine. I place a small CE mark (in copper on top or bottom layer) on all
PCBs I do. It does not comply 100% to the official mark, but to 95%, and at
a size of 3mm to 10mm, depending on available board space, nobody will
notice if not viewed under a microscope. If anyone is interested, drop me a
line.

So I am sorry, Jon, but you should inform yourself better before issuing
statements, that may read funny, but unfortunately do not contain real
information.

Gisbert (happy to live in Germany)