>Brad Velander wrote:
>
>> Relax Jon,
>>         the CE requirements do not cover use of normal components in an
>> assembly. It covers the product/assembly but the individual components
are
>> not covered separately as far as it effects you or I. The best example
of
>> this is computer power supplies, it is illegal to put the CE mark on a
>> computer power supply, because on it's own it does nothing and has no
usable
>> function (other then as a paper weight).
>
>OK, this is the clarification that everybody was looking for, after the
initial
>version
>of the rules came out.

Not quite correct, Brad. It is not illegal, to place a CE mark on a power
supply, it only is not necessary, as the power supply will not work for its
own, but only together with e.g. a PC. The complete system has to carry the
CE mark, but system designers often ask for the components they implement
to carry a CE mark also, in order to get proved that the single components
(boards, power supply, drives, etc.) passed an EMC test.

Regards,

Gisbert Auge
N.A.T. GmbH