From: Jon Elson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2001 2:42 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Naughty bits (from Benny Hill)

Evan Scarborough wrote:

> I get these "naughty bits" too using the same process and I see them in
many
> Protel generated gerber files from other designers.
>
> It seems to me that the auto-router leaves extra line segments after
> "cleanup" (and it seems to be worse if the routing grid and the component
> pad spacing are different and worse still if the difference is not an even
> multiple of the grid or pad pitch). Since  the autorouter has "cleaned up"
> they are no longer linked to the routers part of the database so they no
> longer are subjects for the un-route process just like any other manually
> added copper.

HUH?  I don't think this is true (the not linked to the routed net in
database).

I'm pretty sure they do go away if you do an unroute!  Next time I'm doing
an autoroute, I'll try to verify that.  But, I'm pretty sure they DO go away
after an unroute.  I know they ARE there after the autorouting.  I hit lots
of them when cleaning up.

> I wind up manually cleaning these up it would be nice for these to go
away.

I wonder if there is a particular step in your work flow that causes them to
get 'un-linked'.

Jon