libraries was what i was thinking too, and it still could be that.  to
be honest, i'm a configuration pig.  i've got several jobs in this ddb,
and i'm almost positive that some of the jobs call libraries from
another ddb.  but the job i wanted him to see used no libraries.  i
just brute-force plunked down pads and traces and slapped some
silkscreen notations on it. no footprints at all.

but its the entire ddb that won't open, not the specific job, so maybe
the libraries are a problem.  that could be messy to fix.  i'll look into
it.

thanks, miker