Select inside the area then double click on a component and uncheck the
selection box. Next change the scope to global and click OK. This will
deselect all components. Another way is to use the global change to select
all tracks and then use unselect outside to unselect outside the area of
interest.

to change the leayer after you have selected the tracks is done with the
global change also. This time you double click on a track then change it's
layer, select global and then select the match by selection box. This will
change all tracks than match the selected attrinbute to that layer.

The global change is quite powerful, but a little confusing to learn.

Rob

"Ken Pelic" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 08/14/2001 01:18:15 PM