Hi all,

Any opinions on the best way to add physical jumper wires to a layout
(in PCB) without adding a new symbol to the schematic or causing
synchronization weirdness?

I'd like to make a several PCB components that represent pre-made jumper
wires of varying lengths.  When one of these will solve a layout
problem, I'd like to just add it - likely having to manually assign its
pads to a given net.... I guess?  These parts would have two pads and a
silkscreen layer but (ideally) be invisible from the schematic side of
things and NOT cause sync problems with the schematic.

I searched the knowledge base and didn't find anyting.  Toggling layers
during route to automatically add a via is not really the solve I'm
looking for (although I thought of using an additional layer for just
"jumper traces" and not including that layer in the Gerbers...).  If it
turns out that this can't be done (cleanly) without a SCH symbol, then
so be it.  But I thought I'd ask first.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much!

Buck (running 99SE SP6)

P.S. Is there an archive for this group?