We have a company library in it's own ddb that is (relatively) controlled.
When the gerbers are created we create a library from the project which is
then stored with the project. This way we don't get burned later when the
global library gets changed or lost. We had this problem with the Viewlogic
files created in our closed California office. They had many different
libraries and we couldn't find some of them, so we couldn't load the
design.  Protel is better this way since the part is stored in the
schematic or pcb, but having the project library makes it better for the
archives.

Rob

"Mike Ingle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 08/14/2001 04:30:13 PM