> Many designers try to panel a board within Protel. It can be done
> but it's
> messy and I don't recommend it unless you are trying to put different
> layouts into one panel to save fab costs.
>
> If the purpose of your panel is for economical assembly, use a panel
> drawing, or incorporate the panel drawing into your fabrication
> drawing. To
> do this, simply draw and dimension your panel with instructions for your
> fab house to step and repeat your CAM data.

I would like to add that I follow Mark K's
 recommdation for panelizing .  I add the outline to the drill drawing layer
and add a few fab notes,  One more thing you must do is send the paste file
and request that the paneled paste file is returned to you, otherwise you
may never be able to generate a paneled screen.  This method also releases
you from many other head-aches if you have to "modify" the design. You only
need to make changes to one design

Mike Reagan
Also C.I.D
EDSI Frederick MD