I guess I'm lucky, in that my board house uses Protel. My method for
panelization is as follows:

1. Create new .ddb file for the panel;
2. copy the boards I want on the panel into new .ddb;
3. Make a new pcb in the .ddb for the panel;
4. open each pcb in turn, and copy just the board outline onto the panel as
req'd;
5. save, zip and email to fab house.

I get a lot less error when they do the final copy and paste onto the board
- there are a lot of little gotcha's that can happen, even if you've done it
a hundred times.

Cheers,
Matthew van de Werken
Electronics Engineer
CSIRO Exploration & Mining - Gravity Group
1 Technology Court - Pullenvale - Qld - 4069
ph:  (07) 3327 4685     fax:  (07) 3327 4455