I had to try panelizing a PCB the other day, as I had to connect all the
power and GND lines upto a main connector on the panel, so that the
boards could be assembled on the panel, powered up and tested, as well
as burn-ins B4 breaking the individual circuits from the panel.
I tried to do it using paste special command with all keep net commands
checked, but this took forever, and kept crashing, so in the end I
unchecked the keep net box, but kept the keep designator box, and made
the panel with DRC errors (I ran the DRC on the individual PCB to verify
everything was OK B4 panelizing).
I then had to connect all the power lines through a couple of breakout
tabs of the panel.
This worked Ok, but I found it hard to set up all the mechanical
outlines, for the breakout tabs, etc.

Steve

Does anyone have a good procedure for PCB panelization? I've tried it in
Protel (99SE), and it wants to connect all the nets (which I
understand).
When I try it in Camtastic, there is a lot of router and mousebite info
I'd
like to add but it doesn't seem like a natural place to add that stuff.

I've never been requested to panalize before now. It seems messy.

Tony