On 09:58 AM 24/08/2001 -0500, Mark E Witherite said:
>Hi Everyone,
>         I have a board that I copied and pasted on my new template and
> now realize that there are 2 of every track segment on the board.  I've
> tried the following to remove them.  I generated the Gerbers using the
> remove duplicate primitives then imported them back into a blank PCB.  It
> didn't work.  I've tried searching protel's knowledge base but it's
> worthless now.  I didn't get a single hit.  I couldn't even find an index
> to look up any thing close to my problem.  Does any one know how to get
> rid of all those extra traces?  And also most important what did I do to
> cause the problem in the first place?
>TIA
>Mark
>Mark Witherite

I seem to remember that there is a method of getting a clean-up pass to run
that can remove exactly duplicate tracks.  it is odd - something like
changing the netlist optimization method from Shortest to something else
like Daisy-Chain  (and after you can set it back to shortest).

Not completely sure about this but changing the netlist optimization is
supposed to trigger a clean-up pass but I can not recall exactly what this
does.  You can probably do it globally on all nets at the same time.  I am
not sure how the optimization is set - it may be in the design rules of it
may be an attribute of the net - in which case you will have to select a
net from the net browser and click the edit button.

Does anyone recall how to set the nets to Daisy-Chain and exactly what the
triggered clean-up pass did/does?

Ian Wilson