Perhaps this is over simplistic, but...

As long as the socket and component PCB footprints match, you can put the
appropriate socket part number in a schematic symbol "Part Field" and
include the field on the BOM report. You will also have to add a note on the
BOM (or have an in-house convention) that the socket is to be used in
addition to the component.