> Nah... just sharing my own experience. Once upon a time, shortly
> after I started moving from my old DOS app to P98, I accidently
> modified the "File" menu heading by double-clicking on the menu,
> before I knew (as in "RTFM!") that one >could< modify the menu. Must
> have tried to exit the menu-edit window too fast or something and
> hit the wrong key(s), because suddenly "File" said "Mile". I didn't
> notice 'til the following Monday, and it took me days figure out
> what I'd done. (it was only after I fixed it that I remembered
> having discovered "some strange window" while using P98...

I noticed on Protel that if you clicked on the menu bar to bring Protel to
the top when it was in the background it would bring up the menu edit
dialog box. I just tried it on Protel 99SE Service pack 6 and it didn't do
it, so I think it may have been fixed.

Rob

"Andrew J Jenkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 09/04/2001 02:05:35 PM

On 08:47 AM 9/4/2001 -0700, Brad Velander wrote:
>Andrew,
>         you're not suggesting that the poor individual try to use or
>navigate the Protel help system are you? Good luck.

Nah... just sharing my own experience. Once upon a time, shortly after I
started moving from my old DOS app to P98, I accidently modified the "File"
menu heading by double-clicking on the menu, before I knew (as in "RTFM!")
that one >could< modify the menu. Must have tried to exit the menu-edit
window too fast or something and hit the wrong key(s), because suddenly
"File" said "Mile". I didn't notice 'til the following Monday, and it took
me days figure out what I'd done. (it was only after I fixed it that I
remembered having discovered "some strange window" while using P98...

regards,

aj