If the MS regional settings are US or US International (IIRC) it loads the
US dictionary.

To avoid SOME Americanisms, you need to load either English or Australian
(Australian is a great regional setting as it still keeps the $ sign etc),

But sadly most of the other dictionaries are getting corrupted, most words
that end in "ism" are being replaced by "izm" .

But what the heck, as long as we can get the idea who cares, so it may mean
an extra 2 emails (one to the OP and one from them back to you) to clear up
a possible misunderstanding. It is not the end of the world.

Regards,

Kat.

 The information contained in this email and any files transmitted with it
are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
promptly notify the sender by reply email and then delete the email and
destroy any printed copy. If you have received this email in error, you must
not disclose or use this information in any way.