I have had a library update cause a part to go haywire when the origin of
the library part was way off from the center of the part. This was due to
the library being imported from another package if I remember correctly.

I have had a component move off the viewable area, and found a way to fix
it relatively quickly.

First I output a pick and place the assembly.
Next I find the part in question in the pick and place and I change it's
x,y location to a good location
Now I go back to the PCB and I select Tools Autoplacer Place from file and
I use the changed PIK file to place the part in a good location.

Rob