Here, use this 0805b & 0603b packages.  You may have to change you component snap
from pin1 to center, but I believe I designed these guys perfectly symmetrical
whether you use 1 snap or the other.  Works with grids of 5mil, 10mil, & 25mil.

They have been designed for the silk to sit on top of each other from package to
package.

Just copy this link location into your internet explorer address bar:

ftp://ftp.point-lab.com/quartus/Public/ProtelUsers/

CompactSMD.zip     - compact 0805b & 0603b footprints.

Goodluck!

For a complete selection of super compact Schematic Symbols, download :

>>> SuperCompact.zip - Create full schematics which look good with legible text even
on 8.5 x 11 printouts using sheet size B or C.  B & C = same space as D & E sheets
with these symbols.

Brian Guralnick