I've seen many people mention PDF distiller/PDF writer to get high res
simple output. There is also a free alternative to this (if you don't
mind PostScript). Adobe has put out a free PostScript printer driver at

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=44&platform=Windows

You can set this up to print to a file and voila, you have a PS file you
can view with Ghostview and maybe convert to other formats.

Note: this printer driver only supports letter, legal, A4. None of the
larger paper sizes like ANSIB, ANSIC, ANSID, ANSIE; but I have a PPD
file for these sizes which I can make available (I didn't think
attaching it was appropriate).

Also if you must have PDF files Ghostscript will do that conversion (I
personally use the Cygwin version but there is a windows version too).

Mark Blackburn